Our sliding sash windows have been developed based on traditional Georgian and Victorian design aesthetics, with modern manufacturing techniques to produce a bespoke product with classical lines and features.
Box Sash Windows typically sit behind a brickwork, stone or rendered reveal with around a 1” margin showing of the box externally. Box Sashes can also be positioned towards the face of a property and neatly finished with a decorative architrave.
Our box sashes are lead weighted, hung on sash cord with pulleys and fully draught stripped for ease of operation and years of service.
We produce two styles of Box Sash Windows:
Modern Box Sash Window
- Modern properties can have standard or acoustic Planitherm, argon filled double glazed units with warm edge spacer bars
- Slim glazing bars, secret trickle ventilation with safety restrictors or security stops
- Matching sash horns
- Moulding profiles available are lambs tongue, ovolo and splay
Conservation Traditional Box Sash Window
- Grade 1 and 2 listed building and properties within a conservation area can achieve fine solid glazing bars with individual panes of glass
- We offer ovolo, lambs tongue and a fine heritage lambs tongue profiles
- Matching sash horns
- Glass ranging from single 4mm float, 6.4mm laminated and slim double glazed conservation units 10mm to 12mm thick, argon or krypton filled
- Hand draw and reproduction crown glass is available on request
- All putty glazed in our workshop
As a modern day alternative to Box Sash Windows we also offer a more cost effective and slimmer profile Spring Balanced Window option. This also works well when no or little reveal is available.
The spring balance mechanism counterbalances the sashes as opposed to traditional cords and weights so it does not have a box on either side allowing for a smaller section. The absence of boxes also allows this type of window to replicate a narrow mullion found in original double glazed windows.
We offer a standard range of ironmongery and a superior range. We use suppliers such as Croft, Frank Allart and Samuel Heath. A wide range of finishes are available. The hook fastener is a favourite of ours for its elegant look and simplicity.
Please contact us with your Sash Windows enquiry where we can match your existing details or produce a bespoke product for your home.