We can make flush casement hardwood windows in any size and any combination to suit the position of the window.
From opening casements with fanlights above, to arched headed windows with intricate glazing bars - all are available with different moulding details to the casement and surrounding frame. Choose from a variety of hardwoods or softwoods and if you'd like a recommendation, our preferred timbers are Accoya and Red Grandis.
Our most popular window system is now the Tritus Flush Casement Window, this window system is multi-point locking and combines the traditional image with modern performance. It's available as Part Q compliant and a sample hardwood window can be viewed in our office.
The Tritus flush casement window includes:
- Part Q Security approved window system for any new building work with planing permission.
- Lift-off butt hinges available in several different finishes. Our most popular finish is marine grade stainless steel which comes with a lifetime guarantee and durability/prevention of corrosion . The hinge enables a casement to be removed in seconds with no need to unscrew the hinges. This is a great feature that makes window cleaning and any general maintenance far easier.
- Multi-point locking providing a high level of security in the closed position.
- High grade draught excluders are available in either black or white. Our draught excluder not only protects against the elements but is also a useful addition to minimise the energy waste. This seal is also cradle to cradle silver certified meaning it is environmentally friendly and fully recyclable.
- Night vent option to enable airflow around the window whilst still being securely locked.
- Trickle vents available in white or black as standard or we can spray finish as a special on request.
- An added option is the friction brake arm which allows the window to be opened and securely held in one position via the handle. This means there's no need for a casement stay.
- Espagnolette locking handles with matching stays in finishes such as stainless steel, black antique, satin chrome, polished chrome and polished brass. We can source ironmongery from any supplier such as Croft, Carlisle Brass, From the Anvil, Frank Allart, M Marcus and Samuel Heath.
Please follow this link to read about after-care maintenance and some general instructions about our hardwood windows.
Of course we still offer traditional fastener/stay and stormproof windows and are also able to match existing windows and mouldings. As ever, just get in touch with us to find out more.
Stormproof Hardwood Windows
Our stormproof windows can be made any size and style, so they'll be perfect for your project.
- The frame and casement can be manufacturing with a matching splay or ovolo detail
- Bespoke design so you'll get exactly what you're after
- We fully draught strip all of our windows
- All windows have overlapping casements, so you can be sure they'll protect against extreme weather conditions
- Casements pre-hung complete with locking handles and easy - clean friction hinges
- Each has 4 point locking for added security using the unique Kenrick Excalibur System
- Choose to have a hidden overlap within the frame which still provides great weather protection without compromising on style
- Entry level option with stormproof butt hinges and contract handle and stays
Our portfolio section contains some great eaxmples of our stormproof windows. For example there's Belgrave at Buteligh, the Banana Store at Chard and Martland Farm. So whatever style you're after, speak to the team at Redwood Joinery.